Friday, March 23, 2018

National Journal Writing Month

Please join me as I spend the month of April participating in NaJoWriMo. National Journal Writing Month. This is an awesome way to get yourself to journal on a regular basis. Read more about this here: http://www.najowrimo.org/



Journal writing has been part of my self care since I was in middle school when my journal was the place where I could release all of my anxieties and fears without fear of judgment from anyone else in my life. Back when I was growing up, there was no social media, and most people would have NEVER dreamed of spilling their guts in such a public way as many do now...Times have changed and now we tell each other just about anything online, from what we ate for dinner to how much our BFF is pissing us off. Despite all the public revealing of inner most thoughts, nothing can replace true, hand-written journaling. The very act of hand grasping pen and then putting pen to paper is therapeutic, in and of itself. Private journaling is a safe way to release all the pent up and unexpressed emotions and thoughts. So many people may not even know that it's okay—it's actually beneficial to NOT share every thought with the world.

Join me and the millions of others as we dedicate an entire month to journaling, privately. I will share my experiences with you but not my journal entires!

Happy journaling!

3 comments:

  1. I might try it. Have been off journaling for a long while. Could be just the noodge I need to get back on the horse. If I do, it will definitely be private. No doubt about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! How is it I did not know about National Journaling Month! That is my thing. Saw your site through a friend who shared your counseling services on Facebook!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to know that Facebook page is working! LOL! I think that NaJoWriMo is a few times a year...maybe the next one?!

      Delete

Springtime Affective Disorder: Not in the DSM-5. Maybe it should be?

Some people find the wintertime increases their symptoms of anxiety and/or depression. In fact, there is a disorder called...